POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boxes : Re: Boxes Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boxes
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 22 Aug 2005 06:18:03
Message: <4309a65b$1@news.povray.org>
> Well I like that green, what color can I use instead of that? and any
ideas
> to do it better?

It's your picture, so if you like the green, stick to it. :-) I'd maybe tone
it down a little bit, make it somewhat darker to be less in contrast with
the remaining image.

As for the image itself, I'd try getting a curve in the silhouette of the
red boxes that float in the sky. If you look at the image, the silhouette
simply divide the image. With a curve (maybe by adding a sine-wave to the
y-position of the boxes) this could be better, I think.

Aside of that, it's an abstract image, so just play with it, try different
colors, textures, and lighting. That's what I often do, and then end up with
quite interesting images. Remember to save the various incrementations, so
that you won't lose any progress if you mess something up.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"